18/04/23

FINGER PUPPET SET: Ice Animals!

To explain the ice environment at school and tell who lives at the south pole and the north pole

I made these nice finger puppets using felt :-)

       HOW TO MAKE FINGER PUPPETS:
  1. first I cut out the various pieces of the animals from the paper
  2. then I put them on the felt and drew the outline with a fine tip permanent marker
  3. I cut out the various pieces of different colors (the colors of the animals are indicated in the circle next to the shape)
  4. and I sewed them together with thread (I used the "running stitch": just tie a knot at one end of the thread and start threading it into the edge of the fabric, passing first on the back then on the front...it's easy!)

         ... if you don't have a needle and thread you can use hot glue or a stapler, but with thread it's much more resistant and childproof!!

 

 And then where do we put the finger puppets?...easy, in the igloo! 

To build the igloo I used a white fabric and a small piece of blue fabric, for the padding of the semi-rigid plastic (such as packaging) and to sew the blue thread.  

      HOW TO MAKE IGLOO:

  1. I cut two ovals out of the white fabric and sewed them together on the reverse side with thread (always remember to leave a seamless space to be able to turn the fabric over and insert the padding), and then I turned the fabric over. 
  2.  I cut out a slightly smaller oval from the semi-rigid plastic and then cut it in half. Then I inserted the two plastics inside the oval. 
  3. I placed the blue fabric along the middle of the oval and I made a seam right in the middle, so that the plastics stay in place and you can easily fold the oval in halfI finished sewing the oval piece where I turned the fabric, then I sewed the two outer edges of the blue fabric, so as to create two narrow and long "bags" .
  4.  To close the igloo: I sewed a small piece of white fabric on one side of the oval and on this I sewed a piece of Velcro, the other piece of Velcro I sewed directly onto the other end of the oval.
  5.  Finally I hand-stitched the blocks of ice on the outside of the igloo with the blue thread, always with the running stitch. And I sewed a little black door to make the igloo even more beautiful.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento